Legal Disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer: Cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. The responsibility for each riders safety, fitness and the soundness of his or her bicycle lies solely with each rider. No effort has been made to insure the safety of the roads chosen by any member of the group, nor have the routes been screened for road or other hazards and may not be the safest route available. No effort has been made to ensure that riders in the group possess any degree of skill and/or judgment. By either continuing to read this blog or participating in a ride each rider agrees to waive and release any claims against fellow riders or the route organizers or the blog author on behalf of themselves and their heirs and assigns. This waiver and release of any claims includes claims based upon the negligence of said fellow riders, route organizers and blog author.


VIEW RIDES CALENDAR AT BOTTOM OF BLOG

Sunday, August 15, 2010

This Week's Ride Schedule

Well, today's ride was washed out, literally. Rain, rain, rain!!! I didn't even check to see if anybody showed at Firestone and Summit or at Ellyson for the crit. I can't imagine anyone out in that downpour. But, you never know...

Yesterday's ride, however, was good fun. Great group as we headed out under cloudy skies. I think the Pine Forest Loop is quickly becoming a group favorite. The pace was brisk with a few sprints thrown in just for fun. David "Lawman" Carroll was a beast yesterday. He manhandled even the Young Jedis as he won all the major sprints for the day. Of course, there were a few unannounced sprints that the Clydesdale boys won with ease. (You gotta love those guys) Even Left Lane won the little known Martin Wyatt Memorial Environmental Recycling Center and Garbage Dump Sign Sprint. (MWMERCGDSS) I even saw Sheila going for one of the sprints...laying it down with the big dogs!

Unlike the previous two Saturday rides with plenty of machines coming apart under their riders, this week's ride was totally devoid of any issues whatsoever. This allowed us to finish ahead of schedule for this first time since I can't recall when! A really great ride on really great roads with a really great group. We even avoided the impending thunderstorm! Not a single raindrop the entire ride. (David Mayo wanted me to add that in for Josh Sharpe's benefit)

This week's rides are, as always, listed on the Ride Calendar at the bottom of this blog. Check it out for all the details as to start times and distances, etc. I, for one, am looking forward to a fantastic week of cycling! Come on out and enjoy the cooler temperatures.

PS Since we missed today's ride, anyone interested in riding tomorrow evening? If so, 5:30pm at Firestone and Summit. Let me know if you're interested. If we get enough interest, I'll post it on the Ride Calendar.

Update on the 300 Mile Challenge: Day 2

Not much to tell really. However, I did get in a few miles early this morning. Here's where I stand to date:

1. Miles: This morning 24 Afternoon 0 Total miles: 95 Miles to goal: 205
2. Resting Heart Rate: 57bpm
3. Weight: Lost 4 lbs.
4. Mental/Emotional Outlook: Okay. A little bummed by the rain. Now I'm behind schedule instead of ahead.
5. Physical Wear and Tear: Nothing yet...thankfully.

Comments: I think the 10% increase in the resting heart rate number may be due to lack of hydration. The weight number may verify this as well. I drank a lot of water today, especially this morning. It will be interesting to see what the resting heart rate is tomorrow morning since I didn't do many miles today. Should be lower. I wish I had been able to ride this afternoon. If it were just rain I may have headed out...that much lightening, not a chance. I was hoping to be way ahead of schedule today. I like to attack things, not chase them from behind. Hopefully, I can make it up over the next couple of days...weather permitting!

See you out on the road,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment