Legal Disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer: Cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. The responsibility for each riders safety, fitness and the soundness of his or her bicycle lies solely with each rider. No effort has been made to insure the safety of the roads chosen by any member of the group, nor have the routes been screened for road or other hazards and may not be the safest route available. No effort has been made to ensure that riders in the group possess any degree of skill and/or judgment. By either continuing to read this blog or participating in a ride each rider agrees to waive and release any claims against fellow riders or the route organizers or the blog author on behalf of themselves and their heirs and assigns. This waiver and release of any claims includes claims based upon the negligence of said fellow riders, route organizers and blog author.


VIEW RIDES CALENDAR AT BOTTOM OF BLOG

Monday, August 16, 2010

The 300 Mile Challenge Day 3

It's only 8:30pm and I'm ready for bed. I find it interesting that when you commit to a goal, everything has a more intense focus. I mean, rest, and more rest. I crave good nutritional food. I have been on this 5 fruit servings a day kick for several weeks now, but this goal has caused me to not only eat 5 a day, but to try and spread them out evenly throughout the day...every 2 to 3 hours. Thus keeping my energy level more stable.

I find that I really want to make sure I'm staying on top of my hydration. Water, water, water and recovery protein shakes. I'm finding that the amount of fluids I take in, or don't take in, have a lot to do with my performance. Even the cycling clothes I choose each day and the uh...moisturizer. It's like all your faculties are focused on assuring that you attain the goal. I think there is a wonderful spiritual analogy here. I was reading Phillipians chapter 3 this weekend. Check it out and see if you pick up the same analogy as I did. I would love to hear your comments.

Now, The 300 Mile Challenge Day 3 Results:

1. Miles: AM:33 miles PM:31 miles Total today:64 miles Total to Date:159 miles To goal:141miles
2. Resting Heart Rate: 56 bpm
3. Weight: lost 1 lb. Total lost: 5 lbs.
4. Mental/Emotional Outlook: Better, now that I am ahead of schedule again.
5. Physical Wear and Tear: Doing pretty good. Feet are a bit sore as well as hands. Legs are feeling good. May be developing a saddle sore. Rats!

Comments: First a huge thank you to Tim "Grocery" Fox who rode with me early this morning and Richard "Left Lane" Lopiccolo who braved the storm this evening to pull me around for close to 30 miles. Thanks, my fellow Clydesdales...it's true; "I get high (mileage) with a little help from my friends."

I am delighted to be back ahead of schedule. I'm tired by happy. Squeezing that amount of miles in before and after work is a feat in itself and I couldn't have done it without the big boys! I think I may need more rest though...and more calories. I'm feeling a bit weary. Nothing bad, just more than what I would consider normal. I'm pleased with how the body is holding up so far. However, I think I'll break out those new gloves tomorrow. I'm a little bit concerned about the possible saddle sore. I use a quality chamois creme, but a problem with the gluteus maximus could spell an end to this quest. And my gluteus is a bit more maximus than most!

See you out on the road,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment