Legal Disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer: Cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. The responsibility for each riders safety, fitness and the soundness of his or her bicycle lies solely with each rider. No effort has been made to insure the safety of the roads chosen by any member of the group, nor have the routes been screened for road or other hazards and may not be the safest route available. No effort has been made to ensure that riders in the group possess any degree of skill and/or judgment. By either continuing to read this blog or participating in a ride each rider agrees to waive and release any claims against fellow riders or the route organizers or the blog author on behalf of themselves and their heirs and assigns. This waiver and release of any claims includes claims based upon the negligence of said fellow riders, route organizers and blog author.


VIEW RIDES CALENDAR AT BOTTOM OF BLOG

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Well, If It Stops Raining...

I can't believe the luck, the one Tuesday I'm in town for several weeks and it's been raining! Dude, it sure would be fun to go for a ride on the TERAD Express this evening, even if my particular view will be from the back of the pack. You know the old proverb, "Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes." Hmmm...I think in my case I'll follow several different wheels so the view will change a bit. (Can a couple of you guys wear bibs other than black?!) Thanks, that will help with my level of interest tonight. Boredom can be a terrible thing for a paceline enslaved cyclist. I'm just sayin'.

Well, if it stops raining, I will definitely be there on the Ti Lynskey. We're getting reacquainted. Nice bike. I haven't seen her in awhile. Not much personality but a real looker. In fact, this past Saturday we had a delayed start for our ride. (Rain, go figure) The roads were a bit soggy and the gunk that accompanies wet pave' was sure to be plentiful. In the garage, I passed up the Lynskey for the "Beater with a Heater", (uh, just a bike I don't mind getting trashed) and when I turned around with beater bike in hand, the Lynskey plopped over on the floor as if to say, "What am I, chopped liver? (She has a jealousy thing) I turned around, put beater back on rack, picked up Miss Whiney and headed out. Glad I did, sweet ride you know!

Anyway, I hope to see everyone out this evening, especially since many of you missed the abbreviated ride this past Saturday. It all starts at 5:30pm from our Maygarden and Summit launch pad. (No, there isn't an actual launch pad, it's a metaphor okay?! No more emails!) We'll do the Super Figure 8 course with the Crit Loop thrown in for some playful fun. All told about 25 miles. If you haven't been out lately and are concerned about keeping up with the beastly boys, don't worry about it! I'll be most likely heading up the Autobus at the back. Come on out, we'll tell stories about the guys up front!

See you out on the road,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment