Legal Disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer: Cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. The responsibility for each riders safety, fitness and the soundness of his or her bicycle lies solely with each rider. No effort has been made to insure the safety of the roads chosen by any member of the group, nor have the routes been screened for road or other hazards and may not be the safest route available. No effort has been made to ensure that riders in the group possess any degree of skill and/or judgment. By either continuing to read this blog or participating in a ride each rider agrees to waive and release any claims against fellow riders or the route organizers or the blog author on behalf of themselves and their heirs and assigns. This waiver and release of any claims includes claims based upon the negligence of said fellow riders, route organizers and blog author.


VIEW RIDES CALENDAR AT BOTTOM OF BLOG

Saturday, March 5, 2011

No El Rideo Today...

...looks like rain all day. It's better sleeping weather than it is riding weather! However, tomorrow afternoon looks really nice. Let's shoot for doing a longer route than our usual Sunday afternoon ride. Perhaps, we can get in 35 to 40 miles. Maybe the infamous 3 Amigos Loop?! You in? Come on!

Have a restful day and I will see you tomorrow at 3pm at Firestone and Summit. And, I'll...

See you out on the road, uh, just not today!
Bob

6 comments:

  1. Hey Bob sorry I lost yall today my rate of speed is about 14 to 15 mph so with the wind I got behind then not knowing the route I lost yall on a turn. I came on sunday since I am a rookie and am hopeing to learn I am new to a road bike, but have alot of distance in me. I would like to try sunday afternoons but get the route ahead of time so I can stay on course. Thanks Randy Hamil rhamil@northridgechurch.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy,

    Nice meeting you yesterday!

    My sincere apologies for yesterday's ride. You mentioned that you needed to get home by 4:15pm, so I thought you had probably turned off and headed for home.

    We usually do the same 3 or 4 routes in some sort of rotation on Sunday afternoons. Once you've ridden them once, you'll be able to do them by heart because they are not complicated at all. Sunday's are usually our easy day; meaning we do a shorter distance at a slower pace. I say "usually" because yesterday wasn't exactly that. With none of us riding on Saturday because of the bad weather, the pace yesterday was a bit "unusual".

    Hope you give us a try again soon! Until then, maybe I'll...

    See you out on the road,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. I will see you Sunday. I appreciate your help as I love to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sorry we lost you. we'll also be starting our Wednesday evening rides on the 16th (i think)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! However, they are pretty much a Hammerfest. (See Glossary of Cycling Terms) If you aren't used to riding in a group it may be more comfortable to start with the Sunday afternoon rides. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I will definitely start with Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete