Legal Disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer: Cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. The responsibility for each riders safety, fitness and the soundness of his or her bicycle lies solely with each rider. No effort has been made to insure the safety of the roads chosen by any member of the group, nor have the routes been screened for road or other hazards and may not be the safest route available. No effort has been made to ensure that riders in the group possess any degree of skill and/or judgment. By either continuing to read this blog or participating in a ride each rider agrees to waive and release any claims against fellow riders or the route organizers or the blog author on behalf of themselves and their heirs and assigns. This waiver and release of any claims includes claims based upon the negligence of said fellow riders, route organizers and blog author.


VIEW RIDES CALENDAR AT BOTTOM OF BLOG

Friday, July 9, 2010

Rides This Weekend...and a Shocking Revelation!

Apparently there has been a bit of confusion as to the start point for Saturday's ride. To clarify, Saturday morning at 7am we start from Firestone and Summit. Looks like our new loop of around 45 miles at a moderate pace.

By the way, I created a Pace Chart for your information and edification. Please check it out on this blog below along with various other info like Coolio's Weedhopper's Training Matrix. Speaking of the little man with the big, uh...banter, check out what The Professor sent me:

Hey, Bob
I haven't totally disappeared from the cycle scene. I appreciate all the news you publish and all the organizational time you personally put into the Firestone and Summit peleton. I know that the F/S peleton is dedicated to all natural performance just like the international cycling scene and that you would be interested in knowing if some of its members might be seeking an unfair advantage. I can't keep this secret to myself any longer. I long suspected that Coolio was doing something questionable, I mean with his donut fetish and training matrix how could he be so strong? Through careful late night investigation I found a piece of information in his trash can (I'm not proud, I'll dumpster dive for the truth!) One night there it was---this one little piece of a Krispy Kreme box lid with the website for a performance enhancement device scribbled on a corner. Yes, I'm afraid that Coolio has been mechanically doping to overcome his debilitating donut diet. Check out this website and I think you too will understand how he is doing so well in the peleton. I'm sure you'll want to confront him and encourage him to enter some program for recovery. Good luck with your efforts to ween him from performance enhancement devices and good luck to the F/S peleton. I might be back some day now that I know that I don't have to feel so inadequate because Coolio could ride circles around me.

Finley, the Professor


I'm not yet convinced but I would say at the least, this information would demand a full scale investigation of our climbing curmudgeon and his custom titanium machine!!! Hold the phone...I have just discovered that Coolio is in North Carolina at a secret training camp in the mountains. It is disguised as a girls basketball camp...Ha! I think we may have discovered his secret to such a quick recovery to the front of the peloton.(Actually, he never is on the front. He prefers to suck wheel...but you know what I mean, his return to good form.)


But wait, there's more!


I also have obtained information that he has, in fact, taken his bike with him. (Uh, this fact was verified after one of our own, who, under condition of anonymity, reported that Coolio's custom ride was not in his garage!) This is absolutely astounding information!!! That dude has some explaining to do when he gets back to the peloton next week from his so called girls basketball camp. He's probably up there getting the battery charged to that motor because he wore it out so quick. (My apologies, I shouldn't jump to conclusions so soon. Afterall, in this country a person is innocent until proven guilty.) Maybe one of our doctors can lend us an xray machine to determine whether or not the accusation is true!!! Little showoff..."Hills make Clydesdales suffer like dogs." Well, let's see who will be suffering now! (Uh, sorry, got carried away again...)


Anyway, barring any further information regarding this scandal, here is this weekend's ride schedule:


Saturday at 7am at Firestone and Summit. Great loop of about 45 miles at a moderate pace.


Sunday at 3pm at Firestone and Summit. About 25 to 35 miles at a moderate pace.


See you out on the road,

Bob



2 comments:

  1. Saturday's route (including a few miles to and from the start/end points.

    http://beta.mapmyride.com/route/detail/19626422/

    ReplyDelete