Legal Disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer: Cycling is an inherently dangerous sport. The responsibility for each riders safety, fitness and the soundness of his or her bicycle lies solely with each rider. No effort has been made to insure the safety of the roads chosen by any member of the group, nor have the routes been screened for road or other hazards and may not be the safest route available. No effort has been made to ensure that riders in the group possess any degree of skill and/or judgment. By either continuing to read this blog or participating in a ride each rider agrees to waive and release any claims against fellow riders or the route organizers or the blog author on behalf of themselves and their heirs and assigns. This waiver and release of any claims includes claims based upon the negligence of said fellow riders, route organizers and blog author.


VIEW RIDES CALENDAR AT BOTTOM OF BLOG

Friday, June 11, 2010

A New Adventure



Well, never in a million years would I ever had thought I would be dabbling in the Blogosphere. However, after much encouragement from many of you and the lovely Mrs. Graves getting tired of her Inbox being clogged with cycling messages, I decided to give it a go. So, here I am a blogifyer or blogacator or a blogazoid or something. Actually, I think it will be just about the same as before, just using a blog for the ride announcements instead of those mass email. Besides, I really like new adventures. Perhaps, that's one of the things I love most about cycling... new ride, new route, new friends...(new bike)

Well, just like a ride on a new course, we don't know what's around the next bend, so it is with this blog thing. (Hope it works?!) Thanks for coming along for the ride. Hope nobody flats...uh, especially me!

Sooo, here we go...

First, please be patient, I'm new at this kind of thing. Yea, I know I've been doing those emails for 3 years or so, but somehow this is different. There's more pressure. It seems more official or something. Frankly, makes me a bit nervous.

Second, I'll try to upgrade this site on occasion so it will be interesting to look at. I noticed there's all kinds of custom gizmos and gadgets you can use to develop this thing. We can even do photos. Wait! Don't send me anything yet. Let me figure out this contraption first. You wouldn't believe all the fangdangled options to impress your friends and family. (Uh, or make them laugh with how stupid you look cause you screwed everything up!)

Third, I'll post all the rides here on a weekly basis. Also, any special events, awards or other recognition. Maybe even Coolio's infamous Weedhopper's Training Matrix and our own Glossary of Cycling Terms...just for fun.

Last, and most important, this is our page for our group. So, have fun with it. You will be able to post your comments and everyone else will be able to read it. And from now on, if we meet a new rider who wants to ride with us, just give him or her the blog address...simple.

See you out on the road,
Bob

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! Good job! The group will benefit from this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying a short vacation in Chicago. Lots and I mean LOTS of cycling here. Thanks for setting up the blog, Bob. And thanks as well for stepping in as our Subway road race manager. You support cycling and that is good for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Should be fun to watch the site (and our adoring fans) grow....

    Tim

    ReplyDelete